For the last 30 years, Berkeley principals have represented a variety of 1031 and 1033 exchange assignments for both private and public entities.
Our role can include:
- Helping the investor compare, contrast, analyze and select credit-worthy quality income properties.
- Offering advice and 1031/1033 strategy as it relates to the tax exchange code, timing and required process.
- Qualifying sellers and their particular situation to ensure deliverability.
- Arranging and negotiating offers for the client’s top choice and helping secure the related formal contract.
- Emphasis on safety and capital preservation: we explore potential risks with clients, and generally advise low leverage when possible.
- Supporting investors and their attorneys during the investigation period / due diligence.